In today’s globalized market, it is essential to have a great website for your winery so that you can present the best digital shop front for your customers. These will actually chase your customers away.
Having a website for your winery is important?
It’s important to realize that your website is the heart of your company’s business and marketing activities. As your winery is able to present itself to the global market, inform users about your products, tell your story, show what makes you different from your competitors, and what makes you unique.
In today’s hyper-connected digital world, all the traffic of your private customers, business clients, trade, and wine lovers passes through your website. Therefore, it is absolutely essential to have a great website in today’s digitally competitive world.
Essential features for good websites for wineries
1. Smartphone optimization – Your website must be optimized for mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Today, mobile traffic represents almost 60% of the total.
2. Simple – A simple and easy-to-use website helps the user find all the information they need. They are able to search quickly without getting lost.
3. Fast – A fluid and flowing website is essential to make the experience of browsing on your website a total pleasure. Anything else will risk losing the user.
4. Use of appropriate platforms – The most famous and responsive platform for websites is Word Press, but there are also many other good ones. These website platforms are made to be easy to understand and operate effectively on all devices and make your website fast, smooth, and simple for the end-user.
5. Rich in content – Having a website full of content such as text, stories, images and videos of professional quality, and technical data sheets greatly enrich the quality of the website. See here for more about Content Marketing.
6. Blog – through your blog you can express your ideas, give useful advice, tell stories, and write what you know your customers want.
7. S.E.O – The term SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. Having a website optimized for search engines with effective keywords will hugely increase the traffic and business opportunities for your cellar.
8. E-commerce – Having an online store helps to increase sales. Giving your customers the opportunity to buy and receive your wines through online purchasing makes a massive difference to your sales.
9. Languages – Having your website and blog translated into one or more foreign languages is a must. Having your website in English is essential, but translating into more foreign languages allows you to reach international audiences, and thereby grow internationally.
10. Design – You can design your website in many different styles. Everyone has their own favorite style. However, a website for wine cellars should be simple and easy to understand by the users.
11. Continuous updating – Your website must always be edited and updated with the latest events and news showing the company’s professionalism.
Does your wine website do its job successfully?
Your website will have to add value and strengthen the relationship. Just like any other industry, your winery website will have to focus on your target audience.
You must have to ensure that whether –
• Customers find a website in the crowded online space.
• Your website provides services to your target audience with a memorable experience
• Your website is capable of converting enough visitors into customers
And also make sure that your website should be able to multi-task by covering these points like marketing and promotion, lead generation and conversion, customer service, Event bookings, and sales, etc.
Points to remember:
• Choose a Content Management System (CMS)
• Responsive design is a winner
• Combine great content and design
• Keep it simple and easy to navigate
• Create Calls to Action
• Implement an SEO strategy for both on and off page
• Enable Social Sharing